Halichores Behaviour

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve a question about halichores wrasse specifically my Timor wrasse. A few days ago I thought she was missing. I later found her stuck to a power head. I freed here and she swam off. She used to bury in the stand now she sleeps upside down under rocks this started a while ago. After the power head incident she is spending longer asleep. A couple days later she got stuck to the power head again. Again freed her and she was swimming and eating fine. Is this normal?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve a question about halichores wrasse specifically my Timor wrasse. A few days ago I thought she was missing. I later found her stuck to a power head. I freed here and she swam off. She used to bury in the stand now she sleeps upside down under rocks this started a while ago. After the power head incident she is spending longer asleep. A couple days later she got stuck to the power head again. Again freed her and she was swimming and eating fine. Is this normal?
No its not normal. It should be sleeping in the sand. They are strong swimmers this is not a normal thing to have happen.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, not normal. Any idea how old the fish is, or how long you've had it?

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to get some kind of a cover for your powerheads. If the fish is in fact sick, the stress of getting stuck to the PH could push her over the edge.

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that's not normal. You may want to reduce your flow/get a cover--it sounds like your wrasse could be injured/sick

OP
OP
S

Streetlamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it’s not looking too good. She seems to be sleeping more and more. But when she is out she seems fine no unusual behaviour

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back