Halide ballast enclosure.

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need an enclosure to put a ballast in. I don't care what it looks like or what name is on it, all I'm concerned with is the enclosure. If you happen to have an old Ballston that has died, let me know! Thanks.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask Trey what they are going to do with the one that got hit by lighting last month.

OP
OP
SLUF681

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to Trey, he said it was a 400 watt electronic ballast. My ballast is magnetic. I don't think it'll fit in the same space.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one...white. I'd like to sell it with fixture though. It's an old fixture that was once used to grow plants (no mention of what kind :). It's nothing pretty that I'd want hanging in my living room, but would be fine for a basement frag tank or something. Oh, it's 400w also. Works fine, ballast is working and all. In other words, you may be able to get aan entire ballast and fixture for what you would pay for a box to put your ballast in.

It's white, just bent sheetmetal, single ended bulb. Has wiring, ballast, and all. PM me an offer if you are interested.

OP
OP
SLUF681

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not really what I'm looking for Spencer. I have a 250 watt magnetic ballast with no enclosure to mount the coil and core in. Honestly, I'm not gonna pay more than $5 or so for what I'm looking good for. All I want is something that somebody is about to throw away.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back