Halloween hermit help

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

Don’t know if I’ve posted in the right thread but I need some advice.
About 2hrs ago one of my Halloween hermits shed, now my other Halloween has come over and pulled the hermit from its shell, it hasn’t moved into its shell, just holding it, now the first hermit is holding onto the back of said hermit crab shell less, what do I do now?

Thanks in advance

Dom

79399907-D111-4422-8CD2-DDC9A6CFC765.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

Don’t know if I’ve posted in the right thread but I need some advice.
About 2hrs ago one of my Halloween hermits shed, now my other Halloween has come over and pulled the hermit from its shell, it hasn’t moved into its shell, just holding it, now the first hermit is holding onto the back of said hermit crab shell less, what do I do now?

Thanks in advance

Dom

Hermit crabs fighting over a shell is not necessarily unique. Do you have other shells in the tank (preferable cone shells)? If not or not more than one of two extra, then I would suggest going to a local pet store, craft store, or dollar store and getting some now. Hopefully this will reduce the tension of the shell that they are both focused on. Good luck!

OP
OP
Emarley

Emarley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermit crabs fighting over a shell is not necessarily unique. Do you have other shells in the tank (preferable cone shells)? If not or not more than one of two extra, then I would suggest going to a local pet store, craft store, or dollar store and getting some now. Hopefully this will reduce the tension of the shell that they are both focused on. Good luck!

Thank you, placed a few shells round him and he has gone in one so moved him to other side of tank, panic over, my two kids love him, they call him slappy (from goosebumps) and check him every morning,.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, placed a few shells round him and he has gone in one so moved him to other side of tank, panic over, my two kids love him, they call him slappy (from goosebumps) and check him every morning,.

Great!!! Thank you for sharing the happy ending! :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back