Hallucination Fake

Tyler Collinske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I bought this as a Hallucination and it looked just like one when it was small with a little black but once it started to grow out it lost most its black and you can tell it's not. So I'm going to re name them to delusional Palys but i don't know what to even ask for them per polyp pricing wise I still get asked for them. Or maybe the poor mans hallucination lol. They are still a beautiful Paly.
0f4fe635b2355d7386a018ca2709f7b0.jpg

DukeOfSavoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's quite unfortunate but it's one of the pitfalls of the Reef world these days, all these expensive Name Brand Corals. It's a gamble whether you get the real deal or fakes, it's too easy for unscrupulous people. If the seller presented them as Hallucination palys then I'd ask for my money back, or minimum a partial refund.
That said they are still nice polyps, I would say in the neighborhood of $15-$20 a polyp. That's just my honest opinion, but I'm sure there's folks who'd pay more for a false hallucination paly.

OP
OP
Tyler Collinske

Tyler Collinske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I hear ya thanks for replying! I sold one polyp today for $30 and I told them they are not hallucinations but he just liked the polyp so. I'm calling them delirious Palys haha [emoji23]

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sometimes they just morph in your environment.. seen it many times. happened to me when CB bowsers used to be expensive. I spent 150 per polyp and got it from CB directly.. in about 2 months they completely morphed. i have seen it happen mostly when frags go from halides to led.. or vice versa

OP
OP
Tyler Collinske

Tyler Collinske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's crazy my start out looking just like hallucinations and turned into those marks can be cool but they can also be tricky at the same time make you think there something you're not a and get scammed

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%

Back