Hamilton Cebu Sun Metal Halides Sourcing

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest by figuring out what bulb(wattage,temperature, availability) you want and can get first. 250w is slim pickings right now. Hopefully they make a comeback, until then- stock up on what you find

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, signs are looking pretty positive right now at least from Hamilton that this will happen. I can only hope it does, because I'm sick of the options of lighting for our hobby currently...especially LED's... no offense to the LED guys, as I currently run them too at the moment. I don't like to portray my stance with "rose tinted goggles", but you seriously can't beat halides.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1699664341750.jpeg

kept my old lumenarcs for that special moment. Here is my old set up with just one on, but I have another one. 22/22/9 each one, they throw some serious light out!

corey

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be so great if Hamilton is preparing a huge surprise for us all in the beginning of 2024, wouldn't it?

*** Acros reading this thread: we just can't have enough of it! ***

Halide power!
Sun in the house!!!
Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 7.59.14 PM.png

Let's keep them alive, thriving and growing profusely!
Please grow them for me!
Gotta love Acros!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be so great if Hamilton is preparing a huge surprise for us all in the beginning of 2024, wouldn't it?

*** Acros reading this thread: we just can't have enough of it! ***

Halide power!
Sun in the house!!!
Screen Shot 2023-11-10 at 7.59.14 PM.png

Let's keep them alive, thriving and growing profusely!
Please grow them for me!
Gotta love Acros!
I really hope that is indeed the case. I will be a happy camper for sure, and I don't even do SPS! The only other lighting system that has even come somewhat close to halides were Kessils. I don't run them currently, but if the for some reason I can't source a system or Hamilton doesn't come through...I'll end up going back to Kessils...while being angry at that fact the whole way :(

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope that is indeed the case. I will be a happy camper for sure, and I don't even do SPS! The only other lighting system that has even come somewhat close to halides were Kessils. I don't run them currently, but if the for some reason I can't source a system or Hamilton doesn't come through...I'll end up going back to Kessils...while being angry at that fact the whole way :(

I can only keep zoanthids here and run halide/T5s.

You will get the Cebu Sun you need... or maybe a new version of the Cebu Sun (?)
It's just a matter of time!

You could also contact Giesemann and order a Spectra from them.
Send them an email.

e-mail: [email protected]
shop.giesemann.de

Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 4.33.02 PM.png

Or try ReefBrite.

1692844098186.png

:cool:

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has Dave indicated what seems to be the issue with raw materials?
Not sure. When I called I spoke with someone else, but what I was told reflected what Dave has told other individuals as well. I don't know exactly what raw materials they are having issues sourcing, but I hope that isn't an early deathknell so to speak.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too!!!
For the next few weeks!
lol
Any places I should visit, or snorkel?

Corey
The Waikiki Aquarium (not like back in the day!) and Sea Life Park. The whole island will have ok snorkeling here and there. Even Waikiki is ok. Have fun!!!

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Waikiki Aquarium (not like back in the day!) and Sea Life Park. The whole island will have ok snorkeling here and there. Even Waikiki is ok. Have fun!!!
Ok. This is our 3rd time here. Just never snorkeled while here. We have plenty of time to snorkel this time.
Thank you

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd like to give a small update. Trying to track down this fixture from retailers still listing it has been fruitless. Nobody answers phones, or responds to emails. I had a similar problem awhile back trying to find a specific recirculating skimmer. Anyway, if nothing else I can wait to see what Hamilton does next year as I'm in no hurry to jump off a cliff.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd like to give a small update. Trying to track down this fixture from retailers still listing it has been fruitless. Nobody answers phones, or responds to emails. I had a similar problem awhile back trying to find a specific recirculating skimmer. Anyway, if nothing else I can wait to see what Hamilton does next year as I'm in no hurry to jump off a cliff.
have you looked at reefbrites ?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you looked at reefbrites ?
Yes I have! It's an option for sure that I'm considering if all else fails. I used to run a single 250W for many years on an old tank.
1700095007138.png

Gonna pick-up tonight....LOL
That looks like one of those old odyssea halides? I still have an old 72" 4 bulb t5ho by oddysea and while it was ok at best, it always scared the hell outta me with how cheap the ballasts were.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back