Hamilton Cebu Sun Metal Halides Sourcing

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to track down info on availability for these fixtures and wanted to see if anyone else has been able to find leftover new stock on these or not. I have contacted Hamilton in the past and found out that they haven't produced any of these lately, but they were unfortunately of no help in leading to a source.

Trying to shift back to either T5HO, or if I can getting ahold of one of these fixtures again. I shoulda held onto my old one!

Any help appreciated from those still running Halides!

Also want to add I don't necessarily want to turn this into a Halides are better than X thread or any combination of that please!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a source. I'll give them a shout tomorrow and see what I can find out. Little concerned the website hasn't been updated since 2018 though. Either way, I appreciate it.

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you need:
Dave
Hamilton Technology
14902 S. Figueroa Street
Gardena, CA 90248
www.hamiltontechnology.com
Phone: 310-217-0036
I'm guessing this is the go to person to speak to at Hamilton? Im not gonna lie, I really hope I can return to halides and Hamilton was always one of my top choices way back when. Really kicking myself I didn't hang onto my past fixtures.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I spoke with Hamilton (October 13, 2023) they said they want to continuing producing their whole metal halide gear line, and possibly with new designs and new models of fixtures and ballasts. They said they want to keep making products with quality and they were trying to source the best raw materials at the moment. The more people emailing them and asking for metal halide gear, the better chances to keep them in business!!!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been sold out of most fixtures for a while. No idea when they will be back.

The pendants do not usually degrade, so you can find good used ones if you look around a bit. Almost every LFS near me that was open before 2020 has some MH gear collecting dust in boxes. Check around. The BEST way to find stuff is to go to in-person aquarium swap meets and garage sales.

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a source. I'll give them a shout tomorrow and see what I can find out. Little concerned the website hasn't been updated since 2018 though. Either way, I appreciate it.
Yea their site hasn’t been updated in a bit but I was just in their retail store in August when I saw that gear.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing this is the go to person to speak to at Hamilton? Im not gonna lie, I really hope I can return to halides and Hamilton was always one of my top choices way back when. Really kicking myself I didn't hang onto my past fixtures.
yeah....thats Dave hamilton....nice guy...BUT, last I talked to him, (about 1 year ago) he was getting out of the traditional bulb and going LED...so....?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah....thats Dave hamilton....nice guy...BUT, last I talked to him, (about 1 year ago) he was getting out of the traditional bulb and going LED...so....?
That's why many LED companies and users would wish! LOL!

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate all the feedback. I will give Dave at Hamilton a call today and see if I can find anything else out. I know reefbrite makes the pendants still, which is an option I have if I end up getting desperate so to speak lol.

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what size tank you’re going for but Here’s new old stock 150W Cayman Suns - Canadian company so shipping is a little high (wasn’t terrible when I ordered the 250 W pendants).

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what size tank you’re going for but Here’s new old stock 150W Cayman Suns - Canadian company so shipping is a little high (wasn’t terrible when I ordered the 250 W pendants).

Ah nice. I'll poke around on there too. I'm running a 180G 72x24x24

OP
OP
Pyrogens

Pyrogens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spoke with Hamilton. I was told that they are indeed in the stages of trying to source raw materials to develop and produce new metal halide fixtures, bulbs, and ballasts. I wasn't given a specific timeframe, but they were hoping to have something announced by next year. I was also told it was going to be or potentially going to be under a different name other than Hamilton Technologies.

With that being said, this is hopefully good news for people who are wanting to switch back to MH's. I will have to agree very much with @A. grandis on anyone who is wanting this to happen, to call or email requesting the desire to have these products back for us hobbyists.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s great news. I will need to stock up on bulbs either way and try to find a spare ballast eventually. Right now I’m planning to run radium bulbs - I’ve never used them or seen them in person. Hopefully it’s everything the hype says they are.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the feeling that the only thing that might stop this is a bad economic downturn. There is more demand for MH than most of this board wants to admit.... many hobbyists still, more wanting to switch, researchers and aquariums all over the world. I have no doubt that there is enough demand for fewer companies to thrive in this market.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spoke with Hamilton. I was told that they are indeed in the stages of trying to source raw materials to develop and produce new metal halide fixtures, bulbs, and ballasts. I wasn't given a specific timeframe, but they were hoping to have something announced by next year. I was also told it was going to be or potentially going to be under a different name other than Hamilton Technologies.

With that being said, this is hopefully good news for people who are wanting to switch back to MH's. I will have to agree very much with @A. grandis on anyone who is wanting this to happen, to call or email requesting the desire to have these products back for us hobbyists.
Time to get out my old MH system then.......

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back