Hammer acting up

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Here i am again with another question. My hammer coral has a head that have been receded for a couple of days. I dipped it in revive but nothing happened. Is this normal or should i worry about him getting sick. My water parameters have been pretty consistent.
Nitrate .1
Phos .08
Alk 9.1
Sal 1.025
20190923_121153.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed it. Questions are what should be asked.

It looks ok, but hard to tell with the blues. Do you see any skeleton showing?

Also, evening

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed it. Questions are what should be asked.

It looks ok, but hard to tell with the blues. Do you see any skeleton showing?

Also, evening
Good evening,

This is him right now, hes more receded because lights are going down. I have had this coral for 6 months and he always was fully opened. I dont know if the picture helps at all. I need to get a filter or something i know.
20190923_174926.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy doesn’t look happy. I may suggest moving him a bit away from the other frags just in case he has something, don’t want it to spread.

Is this sudden or have you noticed a decline? Doesn’t look like it, but any brown jelly like substance on the head? Any new frags recently

If it has been in the spot the whole time maybe move a bit to a lower flow and light. See if it opens up more.

There have been times I started loosing heads on established colonies for no reason almost overnight. Skeleton would be bright white. Mine were branching and not wall. I would loose one by one until I pulled the dead’s ones and it would stop.

Keep an eye on it after the move

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor guy doesn’t look happy. I may suggest moving him a bit away from the other frags just in case he has something, don’t want it to spread.

Is this sudden or have you noticed a decline? Doesn’t look like it, but any brown jelly like substance on the head? Any new frags recently

If it has been in the spot the whole time maybe move a bit to a lower flow and light. See if it opens up more.

There have been times I started loosing heads on established colonies for no reason almost overnight. Skeleton would be bright white. Mine were branching and not wall. I would loose one by one until I pulled the dead’s ones and it would stop.

Keep an eye on it after the move
He started doing this 3 days ago, before that he was perfectly fine. So far no brown jelly thankfully. The only thing different in the tank is that i introduced a clam, Couple of days later he started doing this maybe it has something to do. I will move it away from the other lps to avoid any more issues. Thanks for taking your time and helping me with this issue.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back