Hammer and fog spawn help !

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand your post, as you state t5 didn't 'fix' it and then explain why t5 can compensate (aka fix) shading from a single point light source.

Anyways, shading from a singular light source (such as led) causes euphylia to grow this way. 'Fixing' it can be accomplished by adding multiple point light sources.

exactly. It’s not the t5 it’s adding more light so it doesn’t shade. T5’s have shade too. Adding another led Or any light will reduce shading.

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is getting shade but not the hammer :(
And hmm I did have my alk drop to 6 :( last week did fix it slowly and no changes in flow or ligths no checked the par and everything is the same par it used to be

and there it is. These corals are super sensitive to ALK swings. Just keep everything stable and give it time. He is just trying to recover from the change. Good luck.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and there it is. These corals are super sensitive to ALK swings. Just keep everything stable and give it time. He is just trying to recover from the change. Good luck.

The hammer is fighting with the Mushroom...if it was ALk it would affect the whole LPS ... haha

webmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hammer is fighting with the Mushroom...if it was ALk it would affect the whole LPS ... haha

What are you 5 years old? I don't understand the "haha". Is this some kind of competition for you?

The OP asked for my opinion and I gave it. He is an adult and he can determine which advise to follow and weigh all the options.

I have seen tanks where a stronger coral is not affected by an ALK swing as much as others do, plus he said the multiple corals were not doing great, but you know best. My apologies.

Regardless, I'll make sure to consult with you in the future before giving out my opinion.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you 5 years old? I don't understand the "haha". Is this some kind of competition for you?

The OP asked for my opinion and I gave it. He is an adult and he can determine which advise to follow and weigh all the options.

I have seen tanks where a stronger coral is not affected by an ALK swing as much as others do, plus he said the multiple corals were not doing great, but you know best. My apologies.

Regardless, I'll make sure to consult with you in the future before giving out my opinion.
Please do or at least look at the pic before jumping to bad advise. Obvious shading and that bright orange thing climbing on the Hammer is a mushroom and their fighting.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the hammer today fraged a bunch of frags of it hopefully it jumps back up hasn’t died yet

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked around the heads on one of my hammers, it was all lovely and expanding and over the last 2 weeks has not been as much and I found it had a few baby vermatid snails around it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 57 27.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back