Hammer coral after Ostreopsis

MindlessToxin

Saltwater aFISHionado
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2023
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
2,796
Location
Chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a bout with Ostreo Dino. No sign of the dino anymore and my corals seem to be recuperate although I did lose a dragon soul torch. One of the heads on my hammer coral isn't fully extending and its got like fleshy colored blob there. Anyone have experience with this? It's not completely closed and not brown jelly looking.

20240823_171346.jpg
 
Last edited:
What makes you think dinos played a role in this? Just curious that it’s something I don’t know
 
Not 100% on anything. But the day after I scrubbed the dino off my rocks and stired up my sandbed. All my corals were closed for days and my torch died. They are all seem to be slowly recuperating. I got an ID of Ostreopsis on Mack's fb group.
 
I also had some snail deaths and I asked "Is it common for ostreo to kill snails and tick off corals?" Jason Mack responded "yes, they are the most toxic of all the dinos"
No that’s what I read too about snails but not sure about corals because of the size of dinos/ plankton
Idk
Someone else please chime in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new