Hammer Coral not opening fully

chrissohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer would open fully. However, in the past 4 days it hasnt really been opening fully, only opening partially. Im not sure what I should do and if there is an issue.

Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 11 dkh
Temp: 81

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alk is a little high unless that’s your “normal” and the hammer has been in there and used to it. About a month or two would be the mark I shoot for when troubleshooting.
Does your temp usually get that high?
Another thing that really affects my hammers/frogspawn is the amount of white/red/green in the light spectrum. I’ve noticed that when my red and green turn off for the day, they shrink up a little. When my white intensity goes down they also shrink up a little.
Pics will help

OP
OP
C

chrissohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your alk is a little high unless that’s your “normal” and the hammer has been in there and used to it. About a month or two would be the mark I shoot for when troubleshooting.
Another thing that really affects my hammers/frogspawn is the amount of white/red/green in the light spectrum. I’ve noticed that when my red and green turn off for the day, they shrink up a little. When my white intensity goes down they also shrink up a little.
Pics will help
I recently added fans so the temperature has changed slightly.

OP
OP
C

chrissohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics will help
IMG_0468.jpg

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi! how is flow? smaller torches don't like to be blasted around. how long has it been in your tank? as long as you don't see tissue loss, it could take a few weeks or longer to acclimate.

OP
OP
C

chrissohk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi! how is flow? smaller torches don't like to be blasted around. how long has it been in your tank? as long as you don't see tissue loss, it could take a few weeks or longer to acclimate.
its been in the tank for about a month, the flow is a bit high as its a nano tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back