Hammer coral problem

JazzChing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s this normal that my hammer coral from the first picture turns to the second pictures. It seems not opening up properly. Something went wrong or it’s just fine?

0D40E82B-163E-47D2-99A6-25498BE925A3.jpeg EF06792B-268E-4FFB-9D06-FF18844CC3EF.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, but has that clownfish been getting frisky with it? Those fish can get pretty rough when they try and move into an lps. Nice hammer, btw.

OP
OP
J

JazzChing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm my clowns used to mess with the hammer quite awhile, but they just moved away to my new intro torch.
I don't know, but has that clownfish been getting frisky with it? Those fish can get pretty rough when they try and move into an lps. Nice hammer, btw.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Especially when they nibble on the tips of the coral. Could be the clown did momentarily messed around with it. If that’s the case, the hammer should puff back up after awhile or once the lights are out.

OP
OP
J

JazzChing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Especially when they nibble on the tips of the coral. Could be the clown did momentarily messed around with it. If that’s the case, the hammer should puff back up after awhile or once the lights are out.
oic , so it seems to be a normal behaviour and ntg do with my water chemistry right

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oic , so it seems to be a normal behaviour and ntg do with my water chemistry right
Based on your picture alone, it looks more like it was irritated by the clowns rather than the due to water chemistry. Just monitor it, if it puffs back and doesn’t fully recede for long periods of time (like a few hours to a day) the hammer should be fine.

OP
OP
J

JazzChing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I will keep observing
Based on your picture alone, it looks more like it was irritated by the clowns rather than the due to water chemistry. Just monitor it, if it puffs back and doesn’t fully recede for long periods of time (like a few hours to a day) the hammer should be fine.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back