Hammer Coral Receding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TGamble
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I have an update on the hammer.

I let it be for another two days, checking on it both morning and night. Last night I noticed that the mesenterial filaments had gotten larger and the other head had began to show them too from the same area. Water still checked out fine. All other corals are doing awesome. So I left it for the night and decided to dip in iodine dip for 10 minutes this morning. Nothing came off the corals regarding pests. Checked it over well and didn’t see anything while it was in the dip. My lights come on about noon and by the time I checked it out it was around 3 pm. all of the filaments were gone. The coral was open and looked happy besides it being a little closed up on the side that had the filaments. Will keep this updated as it heals, looking up!
IMG_6400.jpeg
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new