Hammer Coral seems weird?

The kessil a80 and the coralife led have similar power (15 watts and around 30-40 par) but that is not the only consideration. Kessil doesn’t publish their par ratings, and they claim that the lights spectrum is more important. That’s debatable, but what’s not is the many testimonials of reef keepers who have used kessil with great success. I’m one of them. Had an a80 over my biocube 29 for several months and kept palythoas and a hammercoral alive and happy. They were even happier when I upgraded to a kessil a160we. That being said I don’t know much about the spectrum of the coralife led. But I have never once heard of someone using one to keep coral. Not saying it can’t, just have never heard mention of it’s success or failures.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kessil-a80-tuna-blue-par.458438/
5309B40E-9AE6-4DFA-8DFC-3433A59CF2E2.png
9FEC7771-6678-4209-BF7E-2F572C6D7F55.png
Thank you. I have decided not to go with either and have a budget friendly 30watt reef light on amazon with good reviews and Is dimmable ect. It has the same light style as the kessil also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new