Hammer coral wont open all the way.

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have a hammer coral in my 65 tall right now and it is about half way closed up. All other corals including BTA are completely fine and are growing a lot. I cannot provide pictures at this time but I can soon anybody possibly know what this could be without pictures?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
was it recently added to the tank? any critters that could potentially irritate it to close like shrimp, crabs, or fish? any changes in flow? is it being hit directly with flow? any other recent changes? water parameters? tank age?

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was it recently added to the tank? any critters that could potentially irritate it to close like shrimp, crabs, or fish? any changes in flow? is it being hit directly with flow? any other recent changes? water parameters? tank age?
The only thing I could think of would be the change in flow after I replaced my tidal filter pump. Although its not that much of a change in flow anyway. Nothing has been added. It is not being directly hit

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back