Hammer dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter unclepregs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

unclepregs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2022
Messages
76
Reaction score
10
Location
44107
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, as of recently my splatter hammer has three heads but it seems to be receding and I’m not sure why. Been in the same spot in the tank for about 3 months in the same area as 3 other hammers. The rest are doing fantastic and look amazing but I don’t know what’s happening to this one.

Alk 7.5
Phos .02
Nitrates 5.6
Calc 460
Mag 1380

I have used nitro and phos Redsea to get those up bc they were bottomed out but that’s the only significant changes in the tank. Just a bummer bc the splatter is my favorite hammer. Any thoughts?

IMG_2860.jpeg
 
Hi,

It's most likely because of flow and/or lighting. If the other hammers are in the same area, is it possible that one is blocking flow from this one? Also, sometimes coral in our tank does not do well for no apparent reason. It's not our fault, they are just unhealthy pieces of coral.
 
Flow is actually really good in the tank I can the hammer swaying back and forth so that’s not the reason. I’ve never been able to check the par but every other hammer is doing well. Just a bummer bc he was doing well for months and all of a sudden not
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new