Hammer flesh dying off quickly

  • Thread starter Thread starter ErikVR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It's a 200 liter system but only has a clown and royal gramma in it. Was waiting for my QT to become available again as it's housing new fish for my main DT in the living room.
Ya, add some more fish, I have six in my 32 gallon and never have low nutrients.
 
MY guess is something else is off. You can add PO4 with food. EDiT - or you can add phosphate.... If its dying off 'quickly' - I would carefully consider what you did within the last week - and - btw I''m with you - these things seem to happen without warning/reason
I just remember that I did change something. Added some activated carbon in the sump. Could that be the cause?
 
The decline in tissue seems to be halted.
If it recovers, will new tissue grown over de bare skeleton or will it always remain dead?
 
The decline in tissue seems to be halted.
If it recovers, will new tissue grown over de bare skeleton or will it always remain dead?
The skeleton that is receded will remain dead.... But, good news, if it recovers, the flesh will remain as it grows appearing longer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new