Hammer Frag 1mo old, BJD?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EchoPear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EchoPear

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Messages
137
Reaction score
57
Location
Fort Wayne
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have a hammer frag I picked up from a local hobbyist a month ago. I dipped it with Red Sea dipx and put low in tank. All was well, extending nice so moved up onto permanent home after a few days. Had been doing great up until today. Came home and it looked like this
IMG_6746.jpeg


I am worried this is the start of brown jelly disease. The tank has been up about 6 months. In a fallow period right now. Had been feeding the corals periodically spot feed and regular AB+ and phyto and some pellets for the cuc. Recently have some red slime growing on sand, not sure if it was related but cut back feedings. Recently took phosphate down to .05 from .1 with some lanthanum probably a week ago, maybe that stressed it? Also have what appears to be a hydroid population sprout and other nuisance algaes so guessing tank is rich in organics rn
 
Doesn’t look too bad, definitely looks a bit stressed but it doesn’t look like BJD to me unless I’m missing something. Do you have a picture of what it looked like before?
 
Doesn’t look too bad, definitely looks a bit stressed but it doesn’t look like BJD to me unless I’m missing something. Do you have a picture of what it looked like before?
Thanks for the reassurance, here is a super zoomed in fts from a month ago when it was open on the sandbed frag acclimating to my light and the other picture was what it looked like in the tank of the gentleman I purchased it from. It was bright yellow, tips have taken on a more pinkish orange hue in my tank.

IMG_6748.PNG
IMG_6749.PNG
 
Check your parameters and see how it looks in the morning. Sometimes they get bothered and are ok in a day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new