Hammer has a whole

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does my hammer have a whole I’m like it’s skeleton or it’s branch or whatever I’m not sure what it’s from I’m not sure if it was like that when I brought it I’ve had it about 2 months it’s opening really well all the time nitrates did go a little high but it’s back down but would nitrates being high have caused it I hope it’s nothing bad.
IMG_4297.jpeg
IMG_4295.jpeg
IMG_4298.jpeg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the bottom of the skeleton, dead skeleton. The live part of the coral is fleshy just under the head part. If you see white skeleton around the fleshy part that would indicate receded tissue, but it could also indicate growth if the skeleton is discolored and the heads are growing well.

It doesn't look like an issue to me, but would need a better pic under white light.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s
That looks like the bottom of the skeleton, dead skeleton. The live part of the coral is fleshy just under the head part. If you see white skeleton around the fleshy part that would indicate receded tissue, but it could also indicate growth if the skeleton is discolored and the heads are growing well.

It doesn't look like an issue to me, but would need a better pic under white light.
so should it be fine its only at the bottom thers alot of white flesh at the top and if i want to know if its healthy should i touch the flesh and make sure its sticky does it need to be sticky if its flesh if its not sticky is that bad

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s

so should it be fine its only at the bottom thers alot of white flesh at the top and if i want to know if its healthy should i touch the flesh and make sure its sticky does it need to be sticky if its flesh if its not sticky is that bad
I'd leave it alone, as long as the main head expands during the day. if it stays closed during the day is when I get concerned. The pic looks better on my laptop.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd leave it alone, as long as the main head expands during the day. if it stays closed during the day is when I get concerned. The pic looks better on my laptop.
Yeah the flesh is all sticky and Thers allot of it and it’s always opening up fine not sure what it could be though

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a photo with my flash it looks fine it’s just wierd how it randomly has a whole in it j also recently got another frogspawn and it didn’t have much flesh and it’s grown back it’s fresh really well already maybe he’s doing it just to bdone some of his skeleton but I’m not sure

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back