Hammer Head coral Care

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
833
Reaction score
810
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am thinking of getting my first hammer head coral (I am a beginner reefer) and wanted to know is it required to feed my hammer head reef roids or dose my tank?

40gallon breeder with 2 baby clownfish and a baby Nem and 1 baby toadstool.
Weekly 5gallon water changes as well.
 
You don't need to feed hammer coral reef roids. Just make sure you have the proper nutrients in your tank, and you will be fine! Do you have any other coral in your tank besides the toadstool?
 
You don't need to feed hammer coral reef roids. Just make sure you have the proper nutrients in your tank, and you will be fine! Do you have any other coral in your tank besides the toadstool?
nope! im going super super super slow on purpose
 
Most corals can "benefit" from feeding sparingly, but it is not necessary. Do you have good lighting for corals?
 
Hello!

I am thinking of getting my first hammer head coral (I am a beginner reefer) and wanted to know is it required to feed my hammer head reef roids or dose my tank?

40gallon breeder with 2 baby clownfish and a baby Nem and 1 baby toadstool.
Weekly 5gallon water changes as wel

Hello!

I am thinking of getting my first hammer head coral (I am a beginner reefer) and wanted to know is it required to feed my hammer head reef roids or dose my tank?

40gallon breeder with 2 baby clownfish and a baby Nem and 1 baby toadstool.
Weekly 5gallon water changes as well.
Feeding isn’t required but you’ll want to make sure there are nutrients in the tank. In addition to light, flow is very important for hammers. You want it swaying around but not getting directly blasted. Do you have a separate wavemaker?
 
I very rarely spot feed my hammer coral. I started with 3 heads back in Jan 2023 and proper flow/lighting/water chemistry has gotten it to this point.

My hammer coral
 
Hello!

I am thinking of getting my first hammer head coral (I am a beginner reefer) and wanted to know is it required to feed my hammer head reef roids or dose my tank?

40gallon breeder with 2 baby clownfish and a baby Nem and 1 baby toadstool.
Weekly 5gallon water changes as well.
Hi Smitten,
Me too, many years ago I attended the UofM Fla and majored in Marine Biology. Every day I am smitten by my tank. From my understanding most corals are primarily photosynthesis, plus minerals in the water and they do eat brine shrimp. The depth the coral live in when they are in the sea will help you understand the color of the sunshine that goes down to their particular depths. See that you have good water flow in your tank. How much sunshine does your tank get. My coral wake up and go to sleep based on the sunshine and amount of light and wave length that I am providing.
As difficult as you might think, read, etc. I have found setting up and managing my nano tank has not been too difficult.
Blessings on you and your endeavors...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new