Hammer mouth open?

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Not sure what's happening. Nitrate 5, ammonia and nitrite 0. Phosphate 0.04. Alk 8.4, PH 8.6. Salinity 35.5

I have been adding 8ml/day in my 55 gallon tank. My hammers are looking not great and I have only noticed this tonight.

20201109_201834.jpg 20201109_201853.jpg 20201109_201903.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel like I’m seeing a fair amount algae/diatoms/dinos/cyanos which is usually not a good sign for water quality.
Might be the pic, but your lighting doesn’t look strong.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel like I’m seeing a fair amount algae/diatoms/dinos/cyanos which is usually not a good sign for water quality.
I definitely have some algae. I think Dinos. I'm fallow right now to deal with Ich and my nutrients have been very low because of it, and I have a new tank coming next week which is when I'll be able to move everything over (I have cycled clean media ready to go).

Lights are weak because it's on the dimming cycle, and I'm using shooting glasses to get rid of some blue haha. I just am hoping these guys can make it about a week so I can get the next tank up and running, and then move them (and my fish in QT) over.

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And when you say poor water quality.... Can you help me understand what that means? I see people post that online and I only ever think parameters. Is there something else? I'm using RODI and my parameters seem.... Good?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely have some algae. I think Dinos. I'm fallow right now to deal with Ich and my nutrients have been very low because of it, and I have a new tank coming next week which is when I'll be able to move everything over (I have cycled clean media ready to go).

Lights are weak because it's on the dimming cycle, and I'm using shooting glasses to get rid of some blue haha. I just am hoping these guys can make it about a week so I can get the next tank up and running, and then move them (and my fish in QT) over.
Your params don’t look bad. Would try a decent size water change to see if it perks up.
should also have moderate flow to get the tentacles moving. They look kinda limp.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your params don’t look bad. Would try a decent size water change to see if it perks up.
should also have moderate flow to get the tentacles moving. They look kinda limp.
Also don’t know what your levels are for the other 2 of the big 3: Ca and Mg.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back