Hammer Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my hammer coral that I've had since I've had the tank (about 7 months) wasn't opening for about 1.5 weeks and I couldn't figure it out. Turns out it was stray voltage. My Zoas weren't opening either. Now everything is open and about half the hammer on the left had died off so I cleaned it out a bit and now the right side is looking like it's back to life. Should I cut it in half or try to break off the left side or just leave it to heal and fill the center back in? Picture below! Thank you!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423370485.966432.jpg
 
I'd leave it alone to heal on its own. Hammers are always hungry, target feed it daily and make sure your alkalinity never drops below 7. That's about it for a healthy hammer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new