Hammer receding, help!

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, last week i got a hammer from a friend and it was doing great the first day but on day 2 it started receding. I was told its stressed but i have no idea whats going on. I have several other lps and they are doing fine and i tried moving it all over the place but i dont want to keep doing that becauae im sure it will stress him more. Im freaking out because i wanted a frag of that coral for a while and he is doing this number. below are the water parameters
PH 7.8
Nitrate 5.0
Phosphate .05
Sal 1.025
Alk 8.6
Cal 425
Mag 1410

20190719_131640.jpg

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My moody little freak likes flow.
I saw that online and i also saw someone saying to put it in low flow, so i have him in medium flow to see how he reacts. Maybe i should put it back where there higher flow

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An iodine dip may help it, do you have any idea of the parameters of the tank it came from were similar to yours?
I did a revive dip yesterday but nothing came out of it. No idea on the parameters i guess i should ask my friend

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, have you witnessed it expelling any stringy or brown looking substance since you've had it?
No that i have witnessed, my wife have been on top of it and we havent seen it expelling any brown gel or anything similar

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should i leave it on medium flow or put him at a higher flow place? The thing is that im sure i messed up when i started moving him around like a mad man when i saw it receding. Im sure it didnt help the cause at all.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers can be more sensitive to water parameter and light intensity than say torches. It may take some time to settle down.

If the flow is not beating it up, I'd leave it where it is. Give it some time.

OP
OP
yan2pr

yan2pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im somewhat relieved that i didnt get one of those "its dead" "its done" responses. I guess theres light at the end of the tunnel for my coral. I will leave it where it is and hope the guy bounces back. Thanks everybody for the help and the responses, im new to this but reefing community is definetly bad butt

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im somewhat relieved that i didnt get one of those "its dead" "its done" responses. I guess theres light at the end of the tunnel for my coral. I will leave it where it is and hope the guy bounces back. Thanks everybody for the help and the responses, im new to this but reefing community is definetly bad ***

Glad you joined us! Best of luck with it!

Back