Hammer - Splitting? What should I do?

Mematthew

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Lately (past 2 months) I'm noticing that my hammer is not growing over the skeleton but outside. It opens up normally so I don't think it is dying!

Is this behaviour normal? Should I keep it this way? Should I do something to make it grow bigger?

IMG_20200605_114159.jpg IMG_20200605_114217_1.jpg IMG_20200605_080134.jpg IMG_20200604_205029.jpg
 
anyone can help/suggest?
 
Hello I have one that grows on the side too! It looks pretty normal to me. I think some hammers/frammers spread their flesh and grow from the body instead of splitting.
 
thanks :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new