Hang Light from a Single Point? Other suggestions?

abuch010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Aquatic Life T5/Led Hybrid 24" kit, and now that my new lights have arrived, I'm struggling with figuring out the best mounting solution.

My tank is essentially a rectangle, positioned in the corner of my office. I originally believed I would just hang the fixture, then I realized due to the angle, studs wont line up.

I just got up there with a studfinder and there's a single intersection that lines up almost perfect center over my tank, but slighty biased towards the back of the tank. Would drilling a single mounting point and hanging both wires from that with the hook aligned front and back of my tank suffice? Or is there a better way?

I've also toyed with the idea of conduit, however reaching the back of the tank with a drill seems like a futile task.

I'm including a picture of when I first set the tank up for some visual assistance. Thanks!

Image from iOS (5).jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could start the conduit where the top of the tank ends and then use 2 conduit straps to hold it securely in place.
Painting it the same color as the wall will help.

Heres an old conduit mount i built you may be able to steal an idea from. I didnt have to drill behind the tank.

Also, the single point should be fine as long as you can keep it from spinning.
You may find it hard to be able to get centered.

Attachments

• 20180905_154550.jpg
    20180905_154550.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 38

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back