Hanging Reefbreeder V2 Fixture From Ceiling

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tired of the legs, and want to mount it from the ceiling. The tank is in the foyer at my office, so it has to look clean. Has anyone done this, and what did they use? In my opinion the best looking hanging kit I've seen that may fit the bill is the AP700 one

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ap70...m_gBvVds4dbF3vtEy69Kx8nJVfZ-zP6BoCtjEQAvD_BwE

Does anyone know if the points where the bolts attach on the lights are the same on this one, and the reefbreeders lights? I'm on my way to home depot now to see if I can find anything worthwhile there.

Thanks!!!

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use eye bolts and steel cable like comes with that Kessil kit. Works out ok and doesn't look terrible, IMO. I found it all at Menards. I'm sure Home Depot has something similar as well.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not huge on the eye bolts. I actually had an epiphany as I was driving back from HD. I am going to find a piece like the one pictured below:
IMG_2668.jpg

Then, I will be able to seamlessly screw it directly to a toggle bolt in the ceiling. I already bought wire, so I am down to my last piece of the puzzle.

New question

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a threaded metal piece like the one above? I can order an extra hanger direct from reefbreeders for $10, but they have to be cheaper somewhere...

Mattj815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a threaded metal piece like the one above? I can order an extra hanger direct from reefbreeders for $10, but they have to be cheaper somewhere...

Hmm bike valve cap? Only thing I can think of.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm bike valve cap? Only thing I can think of.

Thinking outside the box. I like it.

My hope is that someone local has to have the hanging kit that they aren't using, and would be willing to sacrifice one for me. My boss is a mechanical engineer who has spent the last 30 years building things that pop into his head from scratch. If I can't figure it out, I will go to him with my tail between my legs

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bit of an old thread but I'm hoping you (or someone else) can tell me where I can find some ceiling hooks similar to this? Looking for something sleeker than what you hang plants with on the porch... I have the wire and everything else.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bit of an old thread but I'm hoping you (or someone else) can tell me where I can find some ceiling hooks similar to this? Looking for something sleeker than what you hang plants with on the porch... I have the wire and everything else.
I have no idea...I’ll do some recon and get back to you. For what it’s worth they worked perfectly, and are still in use today.

OP
OP
declanisadog

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom

I just kept adding words to my google search. I finished with “nickel mounting hardware hook ceiling wire”

kyleinpdx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back