Hanna Bluetooth master tester HI97115UC anyone?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched the saltwateraquarium.com video on the new master tester and am curious if anyone is considering one? It looks pretty usefull but I'm already invested in 5 of their testers already so probably won't bite :thinking-face: I really like the ability to log the results from multiple tanks. I have stuff going on a couple of my tanks and have been testing almost daily and recording the results in a notebook.

EL_Perron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just watched the saltwateraquarium.com video on the new master tester and am curious if anyone is considering one? It looks pretty usefull but I'm already invested in 5 of their testers already so probably won't bite :thinking-face: I really like the ability to log the results from multiple tanks. I have stuff going on a couple of my tanks and have been testing almost daily and recording the results in a notebook.
Pricey for sure...however, I dont think it is crazy expensive. Sure, you can log by hand and that is always an option...but to have it in the app and you can graph it is awesome. I think it is great have just one unit as opposed to the other. I would just sell the others and recoup some of the money.

It is odd, Hanna has it listed on their site with the same number, but no real mention of bluetooth and an MSRP significantly lower then what the few retailers have it listed for...so I am a bit confused on that.

I will be buying it for myself.

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the older marine master and the big test tubes are way easier to use and clean than the small ones the checkers use to say the least.
Main downside would just be that you can only do 1 test at a time vs doing multiple at once with different checkers.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pricey for sure...however, I dont think it is crazy expensive. Sure, you can log by hand and that is always an option...but to have it in the app and you can graph it is awesome. I think it is great have just one unit as opposed to the other. I would just sell the others and recoup some of the money.

It is odd, Hanna has it listed on their site with the same number, but no real mention of bluetooth and an MSRP significantly lower then what the few retailers have it listed for...so I am a bit confused on that.

I will be buying it for myself.
I didn't think it was crazy expensive either. I also like the ability to graph and have everything in the app instead of flipping through pages. If I keep talking I'll talk myself into it. If you get one please post your impressions and tag me if you don't mind so I don't miss it.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I returning to the hobby after 20 years, and am just now setting up my first tank. I am also a data junkie and love the idea of storing test data automatically.

Still, a good chunk of change. It boils down to ~$50 a test kit which is not bad, but how many of those test will I really be running in the first year of getting a tank acclimated?

I bet I end up with one of these eventually...

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for butting in I could be totally wrong but I think @vetteguy53081 has one but I have said he has this and that and then I was wrong So let’s see

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this master tester?
I like the tester, but don't really use the BT connectivity much. However, I do like that the device logs each test so I can download and plot the data when I want.

I also really like the larger cuvettes. It is much easier to pour the reagents into the wider mouth vials than the small ones that come with the egg checkers.

The only thing I don't like is that I can't be doing any other testing in the time it takes for the reactions to finish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have it and its well worth it. You have 7 tests and a very easy to read display that gives you step by step and will log 50 tests for up to 10 tanks electronically and has much more user friendly vials that line up with a notch. I also have the marine master to verify salinity-ph-temp which I just got

1694611239307.png
1694611372255.png

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The marine monitor doesn't have the ability to log data does it? I didn't see it mentioned in the description but figured I would ask.
No, but its constant display with a dozen different color screen displays and was super easy to calibrate and set up
Here is a live pic (my doser just added alk , why ph is up)

1694612506122.png

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 What does the longevity and upkeep for the probes on the monitor look like in real life? I'd love something like that, but my history with using and maintaining PH probes in a lab makes me hesitant to get into something like that. (and I don't trust the marketing literature)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@vetteguy53081 What does the longevity and upkeep for the probes on the monitor look like in real life? I'd love something like that, but my history with using and maintaining PH probes in a lab makes me hesitant to get into something like that. (and I don't trust the marketing literature)
As I just got this, cant say but it is the pinpoint version which lasts long and Hanna has a 1 year warranty

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it and its well worth it. You have 7 tests and a very easy to read display that gives you step by step and will log 50 tests for up to 10 tanks electronically and has much more user friendly vials that line up with a notch. I also have the marine master to verify salinity-ph-temp which I just got

1694611239307.png
1694611372255.png
How’s your CA reading and what salt do you use? I’ve sent emails to Hanna, my CA is always blinking 600 with TMPro salt. I’ve tried two different reagents, not new to Hanna. Using their distilled water, syringes, still blinks 600. The tech person isn’t helpful from Hanna, his reply was I sent the info off overseas and I’ll let you know when I hear something. That was the beginning of September.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How’s your CA reading and what salt do you use? I’ve sent emails to Hanna, my CA is always blinking 600 with TMPro salt. I’ve tried two different reagents, not new to Hanna. Using their distilled water, syringes, still blinks 600. The tech person isn’t helpful from Hanna, his reply was I sent the info off overseas and I’ll let you know when I hear something. That was the beginning of September.
Today at 501 and generally is at 470 but I just added All for Reef

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reagent still blinks 600. TM Pro can’t be that high. Also happened with 2 different buckets of TM Pro salt, these are the smaller buckets of salt before Turkey Gate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back