Hanna checker alk question

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new hanna checker for the alkalinity, So far has worked pretty good. Now all I get is an error for low light. I clean the vials with the wipe, and make sure to only touch very bottom and the top. I put it in the checker the exact same way every time. I even changed the battery thinking..maybe? then, out of curiosity...I opened the lid and hit the button. NO light comes on at all!

is there a remedy for this, other than buying a new one? I'm thinking for whatever reason, it's toast. Has anyone else ran into this?

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of the age of your unit but Hanna is very good with their customer service. I was having my Nitrate tester throwing a different error message every time despite very carefully cleaning, measuring etc. They asked for the serial number and shipped me a whole new test kit complete with a full set of reagents, all the cuvettes, syringes, etc. I use their CA, ALK, Phosphate, Nitrate and Ph testers.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of the age of your unit but Hanna is very good with their customer service. I was having my Nitrate tester throwing a different error message every time despite very carefully cleaning, measuring etc. They asked for the serial number and shipped me a whole new test kit complete with a full set of reagents, all the cuvettes, syringes, etc. I use their CA, ALK, Phosphate, Nitrate and Ph testers.
Is their cal tester as involved as their nitrate test ?

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is their cal tester as involved as their nitrate test ?
No its not as complex as the nitrate tester and I just put myself on the pre-order list for their new Nitrate tester which will test from 0-75 with no dilution and only one reagent. It's supposed to be shipping in early July.

OP
OP
saltyfins

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only had it about a month. If that. It was working fine, then just started throwing that error code. Nothing fixes it. I will call and see what they say. Thanks for that information

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its not as complex as the nitrate tester and I just put myself on the pre-order list for their new Nitrate tester which will test from 0-75 with no dilution and only one reagent. It's supposed to be shipping in early July.
I hate the one I have where diluting with fresh saltwater is required .

I went back to salifert for nitrates .
Calcium ... I rarely ever test but it’s always 425 ..
never changes .
I test alk and dose equal amounts of both parts .

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back