Hanna copper test set

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Brew12, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Do you carry the Hanna high range copper test kit? I searched but couldn't find it.

It is showing promise based on some testing and looks like it may be the first truly accurate copper test kit available for hobbyists.

dwwataz, 4FordFamily and HotRocks like this.
    Tags:

2. Zack@BRS

Zack@BRS Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hey @Brew12 We don't currently carry this checker, but it is something we're looking at right now.

3. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Please do. We have some members conducting tests and this appears to be a very accurate way to measure both chelated and ionic copper products. It could finally take the guess work out of properly treating fish with copper.

4. Zack@BRS

@Brew12 Yeah, the other thread is what caught my attention and had me reaching out to Hanna. Previous testing had concluded that the low range checker wasn't suitable for saltwater. It may have been the copper standard they were using, but the results from that thread seem encouraging. I think there is some more testing to do, but if this proves to be suitable for our needs, this could be a great addition and I can't see any reason we wouldn't bring it on.

dwwataz, drawman, 4FordFamily and 3 others like this.
  5. Brew12

The high range would be more appropriate for saltwater use. And it sounds like Hanna is no longer definitively stating that the high range kit will not work in salt water like they used to. I may not wait until you guys start carrying it to order one, but I sure hope I can at least have the convenience of getting the refill kits from you guys!

dwwataz, drawman, 4FordFamily and 2 others like this.
  6. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

My comments exactly. This thing is the real deal!

7. NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

We need a write up on one of these! I just heard from a local reefer about these copper Hannah checkers. My head bout spun a 360

HotRocks likes this.
  8. Brew12

9. drawman

drawman Valuable Member

+2 for making it available BRS. You guys would have my purchase :D

10. NowGlazeIT

NowGlazeIT Valuable Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

HotRocks, 4FordFamily and Brew12 like this.
  11. Zack@BRS

Well first round of testing has been very encouraging! Ran a number of tests on some systems, and also testing fixed concentrations, and so far the results appear to be consistent and pretty accurate! Looking good!

12. EmptyWallet

EmptyWallet Member

Man I love this site (reef2reef), is there nothing you can't answer? I'm frustrated with my Salifert copper test kit (it is easy, cheap, accurate, consistent BUT I find the sunnier the day in the background the lighter the blue even when checking inside / diffused sunlight). My family can never rule on the same number :) You can never tell if you are just under 0.5 or just over (is it .4, .5 or .6). I have a Moorish Idol with white spot and my copper levels are falling daily for unknown reasons (no carbon, no rock/sand to absorb etc). Based on the post above from Zac, I'm going to get a Hanna Checker Copper Test (it's really hard to get stuff here in Australia, but a Hanna office is 10m from home and sell direct to public - Yay) and hopefully put an end to the guess work so I can get my new friend in consistent therapeutic levels of copper

4FordFamily, Brew12 and Big G like this.
  13. dwwataz

dwwataz nuttier than a squirrel turd R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

@Zack@BRS

I'm one of the lucky folks who got one before they sold out. I'm 100% sold on it

Whoops. Didn't realize the thread was a month old

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  14. EmptyWallet

EmptyWallet Member

I better buy up before the new hits 'down under' (AUS) :)

dwwataz and 4FordFamily like this.
  15. Brew12

Because of the work done by @HotRocks Hanna is already having a hard time getting them back in stock. It is driving heavy demand right now.

16. HotRocks

HotRocks Fish Fanatic! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Oops! It is the real deal guys, I have done as much work on it as I can, given my resources. I do have a kit coming, so I can send a sample out to a lab, and have the water tested to compare to my results.
    Glad to hear you guys are finding it to be accurate! I have tried anything I can think of to make it fail, yet to find a way! Its a game changer in the world of copper. I think @Hanna Instruments has a great product here and hopefully they will soon reveal the results of their internal testing. Then hopefully you all can add it to your line!

Brew12, 4FordFamily and dwwataz like this.
  17. Brew12

Still can't seem to find how to order the checker on your website... ;)

dwwataz and HotRocks like this.
  18. Zack@BRS

Keep an eye out....Hanna has some work to do making enough checkers...;)

dwwataz, HotRocks and Brew12 like this.
  19. Brew12

Fantastic!!! ;Woot;Woot;Woot;Woot;Woot

dwwataz and HotRocks like this.
  20. Sleepydoc

Sleepydoc Active Member

I think you missed the window - all the information on the other thread convinced people to go and order them direct from Hanna Instruments so now they're sold out! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted