Hanna marine master checker question

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
1,545
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently purchased the Hanna marine master, and it includes Bluetooth connectivity to the app as well as automatic update to the Hanna cloud.

One of the things I’ve noticed about the Hanna cloud is that for some reason it converts the phosphate (PO4 3-) reading to phosphorus (ppm P) when the cloud upload is done. Any idea why it does this?

On the device, it’s showing .17 PO4 3-.

I assume when tracking tank parameters it’s the phosphate # that we are mostly concerned about?


IMG_0310.png
 
It’s easy to swap back and forth between the units of measure, and I don’t know why Hanna does that, but most folks here report phosphate in ppm phosphate.
 
Thanks Randy for the reply…

I ended up going into the settings, and there was an option to select PPM phosphate, so problem solved I guess. It just seemed odd to me that they even did that.

I guess if someone wanted to know their phosphorus reading it would be helpful, but I don’t know enough about reef tank chemistry to know when that reading would be helpful.
 
Thanks Randy for the reply…

I ended up going into the settings, and there was an option to select PPM phosphate, so problem solved I guess. It just seemed odd to me that they even did that.

I guess if someone wanted to know their phosphorus reading it would be helpful, but I don’t know enough about reef tank chemistry to know when that reading would be helpful.

Some folks use a Hanna checker version that reads in P, not phosphate. That may be why.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new