Hanna Marine Monitor - anyone using it? Any problems...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using the Hanna Marine Monitor?

Any problems?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been using it for about a month now?
So far so good. It helps me keep an eye on my salinity since I have been letting it flux a lot recently and the tank suffer from it.
The ph and temp are nice and great as a secondary alarm outside the inkbird/hydros control.
I do like the beeping when things are out of range and force me to take action.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol all the Instagram influencers are. Hahhahahhahahha
Yeah... it has been out for 3 months now...

Doesn't seem to be very popular.

I guess it was a huge miss not to make it with some sort of connectivity.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for about a month now?
So far so good. It helps me keep an eye on my salinity since I have been letting it flux a lot recently and the tank suffer from it.
The ph and temp are nice and great as a secondary alarm outside the inkbird/hydros control.
I do like the beeping when things are out of range and force me to take action.
Any problems with calibration?

Accurate?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah... it has been out for 3 months now...

Doesn't seem to be very popular.

I guess it was a huge miss not to make it with some sort of connectivity.
I am waiting on hydros for their salinity probe. however, I like to have two sources so this works out great. For me this was not meant to be the only form of monitoring but a secondary visual/auditory indicator IF something is wrong.

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I use Hanna to check akl , phosphate and nitrate. They seem accurate and reliable . Just have to make sure the testing tube is very clean

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had for eight weeks and it looks like the PH probe has failed
The marine monitor unit is failing to be able to calibrate the ph probe, and I believe the ph probe is broken because no matter what solution I place it in it will only read between 6.9-7.01 and when I try to calibrate the probe it never recognizes the 10.0 solution.
It will be interesting to see how Hanna warranty support is sent an email to them today

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had for eight weeks and it looks like the PH probe has failed
The marine monitor unit is failing to be able to calibrate the ph probe, and I believe the ph probe is broken because no matter what solution I place it in it will only read between 6.9-7.01 and when I try to calibrate the probe it never recognizes the 10.0 solution.
It will be interesting to see how Hanna warranty support is sent an email to them today
There was another reviewer who stated that they received a bad PH probe as well...

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Hana Marine Monitor for two days now. The calibration went very well and very easily. The setup is also very simple. Today I noticed that the salinity of my Tanks was very low, or was displayed. I took my big Tropic Marin aerometer and lo and behold, Hanna was totally wrong with the ppt measurement. Instead of 35 ppt it showed me 33.1 ppt. Initially I thought it was the probe so I cleaned it but to no avail. I finally had to recalibrate the Hanna. Well, a few hours later the same. Salinity below 32 ppt instead of the 35 th.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am beginning to see why there aren't any of the so-called saltwater/reef "influencers" out there saying how great this thing is...

Because it apparently isn't...

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's a shame. conductivity measurement doesn't seem to be your thing! either their software engineers are incompetent, or they just use inferior materials and sell it for a lot of money. The way it looks, a firmware update for the device is not planned or not possible, the interface for that is missing.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, in what maybe the best customer service for me ever, Hanna called this morning and has a new probe coming to me, it does not get much better than that.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also in contact with Hanna Support here in Germany this morning. Unfortunately, they couldn't really help me and referred me to the dealer where I bought the device. I had to calibrate the device again twice today for the salinity. I find that very annoying! I have 5 Hanna devices here to check the salt content. a single device.. the "digital reflactometer" (HI96822 ) works reasonably well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive heard all positive and I do know I want one- That is when that crazy price comes down

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, my Hanna Marine Monitor is going back to the dealer. I'm not annoyed with such a stupid box! I had to recalibrate 10 times because the salinity was not displayed correctly! And each time they drop again by 2 ppt. This device is absolutely unreliable and not worth a penny!

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my dealer got back a total of three of the Hanna Marine Monitors he had sold because of the same problems. All fail the salinity calibration. Unbelievable what seems to be produced for scrap these days

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back