Hanna Marine Monitor - anyone using it? Any problems...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SaltwaterScoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is accurate for pH and temp but 1.2 PPT lower than the salinity tested against a high precision glass refractometer. Here's the thread where I was troubleshooting my "actual" salinity. I definitely think the price should be adjusted since there is no Wi-Fi / Bluetooth connectivity.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it were only the 1.2 ppt, then I could live with it. Only the calibration could not be maintained by the device. In 3 days of use I had to recalibrate the device 10 times. Luckily I had just bought enough reagents. ;) YES, I also think the price should be corrected.

I also have all the test equipment they use here. Except for the glass hydrometer.. I have a Tropic Marine aerometer for the density (usual here in Germany) and this differs considerably from the rest. Here with us in density, would be 1023.3 = 35 ppt. And mine shows a density of 1025.5 at 35 ppt.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it doesn't work - does lowering the price really matter...? lol

Is it really that hard to measure salinity...?

Neptune had the same problem with its salinity probe...

Their "solution" was just to delete it from being included in their newest Apex package line up.

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a new ph probe three days after sending an email and everything is working great again, definitely the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one b/c of the 15% off sale.

I have been hesitant because there is no app/wifi. This makes this a brick if not in front.

The reason why I pulled the trigger is:
  1. 15% OFF
  2. I started dosing Kalk and I want to monitor PH
  3. My inkbird is hidden behind a panel so having the Marine front and center is great to record those 3 parameters.
  4. If this thing sucks, I'm returning it.
I really wish there was an app with wifi. This way if alerted I can remotely turn off equipment. I use wifi smart outlets for all my equipment.

I guess that will be ver. 2

PopDBE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popular problem is the salinity probe fails. New out of the box, that shouldn't be a problem. Replacing it quickly doesn't mean the new probe will work long term nor is this a reliable product. sorry.

yeh, wait 5 years for version 2 (hopefully sooner). This product has high hope and I wish them to fix the issue. would definitely spend 250 clams for reliable out of the box.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been working well out the box. I am able to cross reference the salinity probe. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to check pH. Perhaps the next time I go to a LFS I can bring sample water.

I wonder if the pH will change after 30 min being outside of a tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back