Hanna

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about purchasing some Hanna meters but than I seem pretty much an all In one Hanna marine master. What would you guys suggest? Just seems to be easier with the marine master and I found it for $295 instead of $450

Brandont21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I dont know anything about this unit. But i do know that i NEVER test nitrites or ammonia. I also very rarely test calcium or magnesium. So I wouldnt see the point in paying the extra money for the option to test.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about purchasing some Hanna meters but than I seem pretty much an all In one Hanna marine master. What would you guys suggest? Just seems to be easier with the marine master and I found it for $295 instead of $450
are you talking about this one?
1707432624839.png

Santa was going to get me one, but talked him out of it as I only do as above reply...now I only check phos and nitrate

OP
OP
M

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you talking about this one?
1707432624839.png

Santa was going to get me one, but talked him out of it as I only do as above reply...now I only check phos and nitrate
Yupp the exact unit I’m looking at the whole entire kit. I have a new reef tank and these colored tests aren’t the best when being somewhat colorblind. All the colors legit look the same lol. I’m trying to figure out what tests I even need to run. Don’t have anything in the tank just yet besides fish. Going to eventually put corals but I want it to mature a bit more

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yupp the exact unit I’m looking at the whole entire kit. I have a new reef tank and these colored tests aren’t the best when being somewhat colorblind. All the colors legit look the same lol. I’m trying to figure out what tests I even need to run. Don’t have anything in the tank just yet besides fish. Going to eventually put corals but I want it to mature a bit more
Cool, If you have the budget, then go for it....make sure its the one with BlueTooth/WiFi as there are two versions.....enjoy.....

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found only Hanna Alk, HR nitrate and ULR phosphate or phosphorus checkers are accurate.

Salifert and Aquaforest works well with MG and CA, are better, price wise.

I never measured Ammonia or Nitrite.

OP
OP
M

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just trying to figure out what really needs to be tested and what doesn’t

JK75gal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm, where did you find it for 295? Asking for a friend LOL

SocalS14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Marine Master - love it - although I only usually test Nitrate/Phos/Alk/Ca. I test Mg only once a month. The great thing about the device, is that it keeps a log. So I am able to pair with my phone and see trends. You can also extract a full log of tests. If you have a second tank, you can also have logs for separate tanks. Handy device.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back