Hanna marine nitrite low range in ppb

Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I’m a little confused because it says nitrite in your thread title but then you mention nitrate in the actual thread.

The value you’ll want will be in parts per million (ppm) so divide your parts per billion, ppb, measurement by 1000 to convert it to ppm. In your case it would be

14 ppb divided by 1000 = 0.014 ppm

This value is fine for nitrite but very low for nitrate.

IMG_5340.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I am having trouble figuring out if 14 ppb is way too high or low for my nitrate in my saltwater water aquarium. Please help and provide a range that I can use as my perimeters. Thank you so much.
Slowly increase nitrate. Feedings alone should boost levels
 
I am having trouble figuring out if 14 ppb is way too high or low for my nitrate in my saltwater water aquarium. Please help and provide a range that I can use as my perimeters. Thank you so much.
If you're concerned with nitrite, don't worry about it at all, it's non toxic, and most don't bother to test for it.

If you have 14 ppB nitrate that equals 0.014 ppM nitrate, which is basically zero. I'd try to raise your nitrate by feeding more or dosing ammonia:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-ammonia-dosing-chart.1123913/
I hope this helps!
 
AaaR2R2.gif


Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

In terms of the question, it's a good idea to post into the proper sub-forum. Here, you're gonna get a lot of our standard greetings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new