Hanna nitrate checker!

View Badges
It’s for sps tanks that only need 5ppm ,been looking for an hr to buy 1 everywhere is sold out,Does anyone know where I can get 1 ? Beat lots of people just bought it not reading the info on it.coming soon not out yet

Last edited by a moderator:

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s for sps tanks that only need 5ppm ,been looking for an hr to buy 1 everywhere is sold out,Does anyone know where I can get 1 ? Beat lots of people just bought it not reading the info on it.coming soon not out yet
Hasn't been released yet so.....can't get one anywhere!!! And newer data is saying SPS tanks seem to do better in the 10 range. Low nutrient systems are a thing of the past....for most people :)

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the yellows do match well. The oranges are bad though. I have a predatory tank in the 50ppm range and I got NYOS for that tank specifically. The test is useless for that range.
I agree the oranges don't quite match up but for me it is pretty easy to tell where it should be on that higher range. My pred tank is also around 50 and I don't have much issue. Normally it's between two colors so I just take the average between the two.

pw9988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fetchimage

Been waiting for it!!

Lp1977

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be perfect for me if it's like 0-20. I shoot around 10 as most but would be nice if it tested above. My guess is it's gonna be like the phosphate ULN and probably not go above say 5 since it's ULN. Probably higher coming down the road. Baby Steps!!!!

Lota Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 to 5 in a ulr is excellent. Similar to existing red sea pro kits. Maybe they go do a standard 5 to 30 or something or a dilution to get higher ranges

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 to 5 in a ulr is excellent. Similar to existing red sea pro kits. Maybe they go do a standard 5 to 30 or something or a dilution to get higher ranges

Idk for me what’s the difference between 2.5 and 5? And that would be half the scale

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as most of you.., I saw the pre order email from saltwater aquarium and got all excited till I saw it was 0-5.

and from the images I’ve seen it’s clearly badged as ULR meter.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to be a problem... maybe just a rumour. The link in the first post goes to a page and then redirects to the main Hanna page. The Colorimeter on their site that is the same light purple color is listed as a "Maple Syrup Digital Grader".

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back