Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the checker at RAP. Pretty cool, but will not available till June

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HR checker keeps reading flashing 75 which means out of range. Checked on API looks like zero to 20. Something is off. Does it mean my nitrates are too low for the HR Checker? Confused

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got both after using the low range. That's crazy. I don't know what's right anymore
Knowing what your reading prior to testing defeats the purpose of testing IMO
Above and below 5ppm makes a difference if a dilution step is needed
Having a fresh batch of saltwater made up for the dilution step is a pain .

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing what your reading prior to testing defeats the purpose of testing IMO
Above and below 5ppm makes a difference if a dilution step is needed
Having a fresh batch of saltwater made up for the dilution step is a pain .
Frustrated

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the ease of it but it keeps showing 0 nitrates in my tank. Maybe it’s true but I’ve upped feeding so we’ll see what it says in a few days.

I hope it’s not defective.
Had such a hard time telling 5,10,20. First use spits out 8.4. So easy and solid result.

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was shaking it for the full 2 minutes instead of seeing the color change to pink then stop shaking. My nitrates are crazy I'm so embarrassed. Now I know why my sps are brown. My API test was soooo wrong. Love this thing!

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
. I was shaking it for the full 2 minutes instead of seeing the color change to pink then stop shaking.
That’s not what the instructions say, you’re supposed to shake for 2 minutes. Why would you think this is the way to do it ?

I bought it 2 days ago from a LFS, and I got 0 Nitrate..........is that even possible?
Same here and I am very sceptical.

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not what the instructions say, you’re supposed to shake for 2 minutes. Why would you think this is the way to do it ?

Well I was watching a video on YouTube and he said shake it for 2 minutes, but he only shoke it until it turned pink. I was shaking it for 2 minutes and it turned orange before I put it in the checker. Mind you before I was getting the 75 flashing for 4 tests while the api was giving me a reading of 20 at the most. (Only ten tests in the kit, getting expensive) So I thought dose some nopox, wait, shake it until it turns pink, about 1 1/2 minutes then put it in. I'm embarrassed to say I got 69.8 doing it like that. I also didn't put the glass inside the aquarium and used the pipipet(excuse spelling) to gather my water sample. Either way my nitrates are through the roof. API was really wrong or my test kit is old. Going to dose nopox again tomorrow. I already did a waterchange yesterday.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shake for 2 minutes then place in the unit and hold the button to start the countdown. Same as the po4 checker

Back