Hanna Nitrate reagent Clumpy

martin3490

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nitrate hanna checker and the packets that came with the original box were not clumpy. They were very easy to work with. Every reagent pack that I have bought has been clumpy and hard to work with. Anyone have any experience with this ? Specifically Lot H011.

OP
OP
M

martin3490

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what lot mine is but I've noticed the same thing. It hasn't seemed to effect my results though.
Yea they don’t affect my reading either but it’s more tedious to use and get all the reagent in. The original packets were much easier to use.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not say mine are clumpy at all, but they are definitely different. The original ones were more granular and very easy to get out the packet (much easier than the phosphorous checker). The new packets are much more powdery and stick to the inside of the packet making them difficult to get out completely. They also kind of poof into the air when I tear the packet open which they never did before. I have still had the same good test results though, so I'm just dealing with it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back