Hanna Phosphate checker reagent compatibility

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure i already know the answer to this one, but are any of the hanna reagents compatible with more than one of their phosphate checkers?

Specifically, is the hi774-0 reagent compatible with the HI713 checker? Picked up the wrong reagent and have already used a few before i realized the numbers didnt match. I am getting a reading of 0.04, but i'm worried that's not accurate since the checker is the "low range" and the reagent is the ultra low range. I'm assuming the amount of powder in the packets is different from one reagent to another, so my guess is my readings are not accurate.

OP
OP
M

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took your advise and called them... turns out I've got it all wrong. The HI 713 is only for freshwater, and will not work on saltwater. The HI 774 reagent is the correct reagent for the marine low-range phosphate checker, but obviously since its for marine it will not work properly with the freshwater checker. According to Hanna, they are different chemicals altogether.

Luckily i inherited this phosphate checker for free, but now I will need to buy the 774. Now the fact that BRS has so many different phosphate checkers for sale makes more sense. Also, the easy way to know if its the right one or not, apparently they say "marine" right on the front of the checker. Fantastic

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back