Hanna test kit vs Salifert

Chicken_Biscuit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
113
Reaction score
51
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a Hanna test kit for calcium to try out, but noticed that it’s testing my calcium over 500 every time and with the salifert test kit I get a perfect 420 every time. I keep watching videos and following the instructions but still get a ridiculous number. Anyone have tips or maybe needs to be calibrated? Thank you.
 
So I just got a Hanna test kit for calcium to try out, but noticed that it’s testing my calcium over 500 every time and with the salifert test kit I get a perfect 420 every time. I keep watching videos and following the instructions but still get a ridiculous number. Anyone have tips or maybe needs to be calibrated? Thank you.
Never mind I found out the regent it came with is expired! Case solved!
 
I’ve read numerous reports of the Hanna tester being inconsistent. I have a Salifert kit on order although I use Hanna for alk, nitrate, and phosphate.
 
I’ve read numerous reports of the Hanna tester being inconsistent. I have a Salifert kit on order although I use Hanna for alk, nitrate, and phosphate.
I’ve been using salifert since I’ve started, which was a year and a half ago now, and I’ve gotten consistent numbers. The only issue one number might be off is bc I didn’t clean out the test tube well. But I use an auto mixing thing which makes it faster. The Hanna one was just free I got from a friend. I’m gonna order new reagent to see if that’ll work otherwise it’s going in the junk drawer.
 
I've never had problems with the Hanna Calcium checker. Once you get current reagent, whenever you put the cuvet into the checker in C1, C2 or final reading, make sure the 10ml logo on the glass is always facing the same direction. That way your test is consistent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new