Hanna ULR Phosphate Checker?

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is an acceptable range for the Hanna phosphate ULR checker? I know 0.01 to 0.05 is acceptable for the regular checker but what about the ULR checker?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is an acceptable range for the Hanna phosphate ULR checker? I know 0.01 to 0.05 is acceptable for the regular checker but what about the ULR checker?

I don't understand your question?

Whichever checker you use you should be aiming for the same lvl of PO4 in your tank, just that the ultra low range will give you a more accurate result...not sure if that was your question.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand your question?

Whichever checker you use you should be aiming for the same lvl of PO4 in your tank, just that the ultra low range will give you a more accurate result...not sure if that was your question.
Yes and Thank You. Why do they even bother with the regular checker if the ULR checker is more accurate?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and Thank You. Why do they even bother with the regular checker if the ULR checker is more accurate?

I missed out the the regular checker goes up higher, so is therefore less accurate across the full range, also some people, I don't know who like to go above .1 with PO4, I guess it's useful for beginners as well, if their PO4 gets out of control they know where it's at above .1, but for most people the ULR is the one to get.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back