Hanna Ultra low PO4 checker

FunkEngine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a huge multiplier on calcium in the blank (supposed to be none), making even a trace of calcium look like a lot of calcium in the blank that gets subtracted out from the actual sample result, and that may be why so many people have issues with the calcium checker.

I remember this being a problem for a while. They include a fixed volume 100uL pipette with the kit now so the sample volume is much more consistent and (presumably) accurate. I've used a friend's checker without the fixed volume pipette previously and had issues with accuracy and consistency, but I haven't had issues with the fixed volume pipette.

OP
OP
MnFish1

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never found it hard to do after a couple of attempts.

Me either - it was the 3rd time - each packet I opened ended up having some kind of issue. To have that kind of packet for that amount of powder seems kind of odd. There a little plastic pillows - seemingly - that would work better - like those in some other tests.

VP616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch how they do it in their instruction video: (about 1:40 into the video)

I cut the packet the way they show and crease it along the diagonal, plus use a small funnel I made by rolling up a post-it note.

+1 on this and a rolled "funnel Post-It" note.

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found this to work the best, and I got it for reading a post from another reefer on this form.
Cut open the packet and empty the the contents onto a piece of aluminum foil. This way all the reagent will be on the piece of foil. Then just make the foil into a funnel and pour the contents into the vial. Very easy.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back