OP
OP
uscggirl

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty side of the hobby! Best of luck in bringing a piece of the ocean to Iowa.
Yes, I think I’ll need a lot of luck. There are no LFS locally unless you count Petco. But clearly there are some experts here on the forum, so don’t be surprised if you see questions from me popping up everywhere!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I’ve been lurking around here for a few months trying to learn from all of you experienced folks, from failures to successes. I joined awhile back and asked a couple questions in various forums, but never formally introduced myself here. I asked my first question in the forum for those new to saltwater and reef keeping, and posted the info about me there, so obviously I was confused about where to begin. :) Lived around the oceans my entire life. Spent my teenage years in Okinawa as a military kid. I later joined the military myself and spent most of those 29 years near the ocean. Now I’m retired, and unfortunately not located near an ocean. Go figure! But it’s affordable here, and I’m going to try to bring some of the ocean to me. Had freshwater for a couple years, mainly discus, but am ready to get salty! After way too much time researching tanks, I’m about to pull the trigger on a Cade 1200 S2. (still awaiting info from the home builder on potential weight limits) I was initially going to get a Red Sea AIO, then almost went with an Innovative Marine AIO, went back to Red Sea since they have an AIO that can be converted to sump, decided I wanted to start with sump for flexibility and access, and came across Cade with all the plumbing included. I am not a plumbing person by any stretch of the imagination, and after having a brain injury, some things are just more complicated than I want to sort out. Even when they seem easy on videos! Anyway, I’ve blathered on too long already. So if the floor will support it, I’ll be getting the Cade 1200 soon, or a smaller Cade if needed. The tank is a bit taller than I want, but the other Cade version is just a bit too shallow. I’ll be asking a million questions and scanning the forums for answers beforehand. Such a great community of knowledgeable people! I’m happy to be here! :)
Welcome to the reefing world! Also welcome to the largest online reef forum out there! R2R is a great place to gain knowledge and learn from all kinds of hobbyists!

If you are interested I have a reefing channel I have had going this past year and nearing 1K subs! Think its been a fun little "family" I have grown and its a fun community as well to be a part of! Think after R2R, YouTube can be one of the best places to get information on reefing! Again welcome!

OP
OP
uscggirl

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all very much for being so absolutely welcoming!! I can’t wait to get my build started, and please forgive me up front my crazy questions. I’ll search for answers on the forum first, so I’ll hopefully not have to ask those that are simplest and really embarrass myself! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
uscggirl

uscggirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reefing world! Also welcome to the largest online reef forum out there! R2R is a great place to gain knowledge and learn from all kinds of hobbyists!

If you are interested I have a reefing channel I have had going this past year and nearing 1K subs! Think its been a fun little "family" I have grown and its a fun community as well to be a part of! Think after R2R, YouTube can be one of the best places to get information on reefing! Again welcome!

Congratulations on your channel!! I’ll definitely check it out. :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back