Happy Welso with dull colors

ekandler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2020
Messages
493
Reaction score
316
Location
California MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a welso from a store a couple months ago. It’s been doing well, very puffy, so I got another today and noticed the coloration of my new one is much brighter than the one in my tank. They both seem happy, but something in my tank is preventing the full coloration. Any ideas what it would be?

9E9DD21D-5E5C-4125-9E84-C4462B473BB1.jpeg
 
It looks a little bleached. Also, wellsos don’t exist. They have been reclassified as trachyphyllias a LONG time ago.
 
Oops…. Okay trachy then. Any idea of a possible cause? Too low light or temp or some parameter too low?
 
It does look bleached.

Bleaching is typically from too much light in our tanks. Any idea what the par is down there? Should be pretty low like in the 50 to 100 range. They can survive more light, but need to be slowly acclimated to the higher light.
 
It does look bleached.

Bleaching is typically from too much light in our tanks. Any idea what the par is down there? Should be pretty low like in the 50 to 100 range. They can survive more light, but need to be slowly acclimated to the higher light.
Don’t know exactly, but I’m running 40% on my XR30s so I don’t think it’s that high. Probably not 50 but closer to 100-150 I’d say. I’ll lower the lighting and see if that helps. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new