Happy Welso with dull colors

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a welso from a store a couple months ago. It’s been doing well, very puffy, so I got another today and noticed the coloration of my new one is much brighter than the one in my tank. They both seem happy, but something in my tank is preventing the full coloration. Any ideas what it would be?

9E9DD21D-5E5C-4125-9E84-C4462B473BB1.jpeg

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks a little bleached. Also, wellsos don’t exist. They have been reclassified as trachyphyllias a LONG time ago.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look bleached.

Bleaching is typically from too much light in our tanks. Any idea what the par is down there? Should be pretty low like in the 50 to 100 range. They can survive more light, but need to be slowly acclimated to the higher light.

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look bleached.

Bleaching is typically from too much light in our tanks. Any idea what the par is down there? Should be pretty low like in the 50 to 100 range. They can survive more light, but need to be slowly acclimated to the higher light.
Don’t know exactly, but I’m running 40% on my XR30s so I don’t think it’s that high. Probably not 50 but closer to 100-150 I’d say. I’ll lower the lighting and see if that helps. Thanks!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back