Hard sand bed fix?

Jaco2420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year ago I had a dosing issue when I was new to dosing pumps and it caused a lot of precipitation in my sand bed. It’s been hard for a long time now and I want a normal sand bed again. What can I do to fix a hard sand bed?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s change it all out for new, all at once. I have 200 jobs on file of this move

how many gallons

there are three or four reasons an all new bed is ideal vs mixing wastes around in the current one

our sandbed thread started because people wanted to move homes safely without losing their tanks. The same set of moves we use to change homes can be used to change your bed for new, easily. If it’s easy to do when relocating across town or another state, it’ll still be easy staying right where it is but getting the big swap.

there was once a time people recoiled in horror at the thought of touching a sandbed. Then practicality sets in, we get forced to move for once reason or another, and it turns out the worry was unfounded. It’s because we are able to move reefs successfully that changing out your bed for new would be rather easy in a few ordered steps

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one of 240 avail work links

we do jobs all at once, big jobs. His sand could have been removed altogether, changed for petsmart epoxy pebbles, changed to dolomite, changed to pool sand it will not matter. we either tap rinse your sand clean or we replace it. We do the number one thing 100% of people would select as a bad idea in a poll.

OP
OP
Jaco2420

Jaco2420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one of 240 avail work links

we do jobs all at once, big jobs. His sand could have been removed altogether, changed for petsmart epoxy pebbles, changed to dolomite, changed to pool sand it will not matter. we either tap rinse your sand clean or we replace it. We do the number one thing 100% of people would select as a bad idea in a poll.
It’s a reefer 170, and I’m in Canada

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back