Hard to find book for soft coral and gorgs

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if this the wrong spot for this, but I'm not selling these, I just know of where you can get them and thought others might like to know too. Copies of Soft Corals and Sea Fans (out of print) are available directly from Dr. Alderslade. It's the only book of its kind - and it's written by experienced marine scientists: Dr Katharina Fabricius, octocoral ecologist, and Dr Phil Alderslade, the world's foremost octocoral taxonomist who has been working on the group for over 45 years.

I tried forever to find this book then was given Dr. Alderslade's info by other marine biologists. I do have permission to post his info here for those interested in acquiring a copy.

[email protected]

It was originally published by the Australian Institute of Marine Sciences, and I have seen this book *used* on Amazon from 80.00 (worn)-1000.00 (like new) (no I'm not kidding). I tried finding this book in the library system here in the US and it just wasn't available and I'm not sure how readily available it is in other systems if people wanted to borrow it. It's a great book for bettering your knowledge of the biology and taxonomy of these organisms and understanding how to identify them correctly (or having a better chance to ID them).
Not sure if the Reef Clubs keep a library for members, but this would be a good one to add.

He's in Australia, so the shipping is crummy, but the information in the books is priceless.
I bought two, one for myself and one for my library who couldn't find it anywhere. Just thought I'd share before he runs out of copies. Once they're gone they're gone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back