Hardest fish you have ever kept?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
597
Reaction score
551
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fish are more sensitive then others to change, or adapting to captive environments. The one I am most proud of is my White Cap Goby, I've had mine for almost 5 years now and am super happy every time I see his little face peek out of the rocks. Do any of you have notoriously hard to keep species?
 
Last edited:
for me it would have to be a coral croucher goby I used to have, it was previously at my lfs display and they gave it to me when they broke the tank down, it was about 3 years old when I got him, such a cryptic fish it was always hard to find it just for feeding lol, had it for about 2 years more then it passed, never keeping one again, never saw it and was just to hard to feed
 
Ghost pipefish - almost impossible to get them shipped alive, they trap air bubbles in their snouts. My longevity record was less than 24 hours. I stopped trying......
 
Urchin clingfish. Tiny little fish, and even though it was picking on very small frozen meats, I could not fully transition it from live BBS, and I suspect it wasn't enough to keep it going. I even 3D printed and later bought a live long spine urchin for it. It just disappeared from my nano one day and I've still no idea what happened.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new