Harlequin Tusk in QT. Something wrong or just being dramatic?

nldemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have an adorable Indo Harlequin Tusk in quarantine, and he has spent most of his time lying on his side as you can see in the attached photo. I've had him in QT since last Thursday (6 days ago).

Now, I've kept these fish before and I know they can be shy and I know they like to burrow and hide. So when I initially saw him hiding under the rock and not moving much, I was not too concerned. When I fed, he came out, ate, and swam for a little bit before going back to laying on his side. But now he seems to be only getting more lethargic.

I was hoping to get a tang to throw in QT with him, but nothing at my LFS looked healthy enough, and DiversDen is sold out (of the blue hippos anyway). He is solo in Quarantine, which I thought might be evoking the "predator" stress rule ( fish is stressed because no other fish, must be a predator around ). This is just a theory.

For those of you that have quarantined this fish, any suggestions? Should I be concerned or is it just being overly dramatic?

thanks in advance :)

Image.jpeg

OP
OP
nldemo

nldemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving this thread to fish disease as just got an updated pic and the poor little guy definitely has popeye. This is new for me so will be figuring out if and how to treat it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back