• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Harry's Marine Life - First order

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called Harry's Marine Life on Tuesday. Talked to a young man, didn't catch his name, pleasant enough fellow... anyway, asked if he could call me back in an hour. Next afternoon... he called me back. Yeah, a bit of a delay, but hey, it happens. Moving on.

Ordered a pair of banded serpent stars and a trio of bluestreak cleaner wrasses. (Thanks for the idea @revhtree). Said he could have 'em in my hands before the weekend. My 4 year old granddaughter is coming in tonight. She loves starfish... and the one I had passed.

Anyway... Arrived today at 2:30pm. Packaging looked good. Foam box, heater pack, each animal individually bagged. Arrived in seemingly good condition. One of the serpent stars lost about an inch of a leg, likely just due to stress.

Temp acclimated them, checked the salinity, 1.024, according to my meter. My tank tests at 1.025. I added a cup of tank water to each bag while the temps equalized, and called it good. Hand released the serpent stars. Netted the three wrasses and put 'em in a breeding net. I'll keep 'em there for a day, keep a good eye on 'em.

No, I don't quarantine. Get over it.

Also ordered a baby Cortez Ray. Buddy of mine has been working on a tank for one for several months. It's bio filter is up and running, lots of sand space. He's doing that 'negative space aquascape' thing, so there's very little rock in contact with the sand bed, and what is there is quite stable. Should be a good fit. I'll post back when he comes in :D

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back