Harvesting rotifers

  • Thread starter Thread starter recess62
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

recess62

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2015
Messages
919
Reaction score
689
Location
Pound Ridge, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I made the newby mistake of put a mandarin into my 3 month old Biocube. I have been buying copapods to feed while also starting a copapods culture. Th culture is starting to take off. I know there are different types of zooplankton benthic and pelagic. I have several pieces of foam on the culture tank to provide places for the rotifers to hide. My question is what is the best way to harvest i.e. transfer these critters to my dt?
 
put the sponge in the dt. keep changing sponges back and forth.
 
BTW, ya gotta check out PaulB here on the board. Google him search here whatever. every good trick in the world. easy brine shrimp methods too. and get that little guy on frozen too.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new