OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya this coral has very yellow eye's. Does yours have the orange rim. But what I really love about this chalice is the striations around the eye's. They don't get it till they mature. It's like no chalice I have ever seen. I have been growing it and keeping it to myself for almost a year now. I actually picked it up in a trade and it was not very big.

red-and-yellow-chalice-clos.gif

Last edited:

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm

Mine just looks like this. Its not fully colored up but I've had others like it and it will be solid red with orange eyes.

P8190014.jpg

Maybe one day we can trade for a piece of my baby. I've noticed its not as bright lately, I'm going to have to change the ancient HQI its under. ;p

P8210018.jpg

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they are quite different. Mine has a very bright orange rim. plus like I mentioned it has very unique strips around each eye. But very nice chalice.

Last edited:

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chalice

I wasn't really comparing the two, I like yours better. ;p Yours looks like a different kind of chalice too since its so smooth. Wish you coulda seen the chalice collection I had a few years ago when I had my 180. I had to give most of them up because they take up a lot of prime space when you only have prop systems. That was before echinos became so popular of course! ;p

My oldest is my hot lava.

P6050159.jpg

And a better pic of my watermelon.

watermelon.jpg

What other sweet chalices are you hiding from us? ;p

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just looks like this. Its not fully colored up but I've had others like it and it will be solid red with orange eyes.

P8190014.jpg

Maybe one day we can trade for a piece of my baby. I've noticed its not as bright lately, I'm going to have to change the ancient HQI its under. ;p

P8210018.jpg

Thats a sweet piece as well but I think that could be put in a different categories type then watermelon as it looks allot different and should be characterized deferent for such a awesome piece heres mine for comparison.
004-1.jpg

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a sick chalice Bro! seriously, that thing is right up there with the LE tyree watermelons...that has $200 for a 1/2" written all over it....are you going to frag it and sell pieces? you should do a raffle on R2R to see who get's the first frag...don't be sitting on tha baby! you need to circulate it! :)

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favia Freak,

Are you talking about my BPC LE Flame Thrower. Just want to make sure since there are several pics of other corals before your post.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favia Freak,

Are you talking about my BPC LE Flame Thrower. Just want to make sure since there are several pics of other corals before your post.

I'm talking about yours, the BPC Flame Thrower... good name btw...that thing is sick!!!!!! I'm in Love :)

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bro,

I just went downstairs and fed him. I'm going to try and feed him every day and see if I can't get him to grow a little faster ;)

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be fraging him soon. Just have to figure out the best way to get him off that rock. I'll be sure to let everyone know when I do it.

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put one together tonight. I have added the coral to my website under BPC most wanted collection. I will post the waiting list under the description of the coral so everyone can see where there at.

OP
OP
nino78

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you want to see. This has always been one of my favorites.

double-head-scolymia.gif

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%

Back