Has anyone DIY a RO/DI system?

Islandvib3s

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2021
Messages
322
Reaction score
200
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about making one myself as a upgrade from my 75gpd RO/DI buddy. (2) 3 10in canister housings,tds meter 3 points, sediment, carbon blocks,di. Just looking up prices and it looks way more cheaper then the pre builds. I might need a booster also but not sure,just in planning stage as its almost time to replace my cartridges on the ro buddy. And tips,advice,tricks is appreciated. Happy reefing here's my 75 build I start this yr.
20220319_130935.jpg
 
I sort of have. In the past I took 4 housings and plumbed them together. I didn't have a RO membrane but that would have been easy to add. Currently, I took two 4 stage RO's and made a 7 stage dual membrane unit out of them with 5 TDS meters on it.
 
I've taken canisters and put them in series to add additional filtration. Getting the mounts and fittings generally brings the cost pretty close to buying premade.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new